The courts have no problem separating individuals from their supposed privacy and confidentiality, regardless of what Twitter, Facebook et al. might state in their terms of service. Here’s the story.
The settlement addresses charges that the company misled users about how it would use their personal information. Facebook would be required to obtain user consent before making “material retroactive changes” but wouldn’t have to change current policies. I really hope I get feedback on this one, because honestly, I don’t know if I’m reading the […]
One parent finds that, thanks to a lack of reliance on opt-in for Klout and Facebook’s Byzantine new platform rules, her son has been accorded a Klout profile without intent nor desire. It could easily happen to your kids, too. Read the story on NakedSecurity.
Max Schrems, a 24-year-old law student from Vienna, a meticulous document requester and researcher, is now sitting on a pile of 1,200 pages that comprise his personal-data Facebook dossier. Huge kudos to Mr. Schrems for filling 22 complaints against Facebook for repeated, pervasive privacy missteps. Read the story on Naked Security.
As if we weren’t already a drifting, confused mob of smartphone-jabbing zombies already, Google has presented a new way to baffle business customers. Read the story on #Naked Security. #social networks #spam #security
- Ridiculously redacted interpretation of FISA snooping law released January 16, 2013
- Medical group fined $140K for tossing patients’ health records into public dump January 15, 2013
- Texas student appeals court order to wear “Mark of the Beast” RFID tracking badge January 15, 2013
- Crunch Your Own Damn Resumé January 10, 2013
- NASA suffers major data breach over stolen laptop that wasn’t encrypted December 29, 2012
- Eli: lol huh? This makes no sense. Judges don\'t unders...
- Wayne Andrew McArdle: Thank-you Lisa for your insight, please keep Repor...
- FREEDOM: Hello nice to see you posting about my finds if yo...
- Ben: Lisa I read a recent piece you submitted for Th...
- Interview James: Very inspiring job seeking information! Cover lett...
Follow @LisaVaas on Twitter