Posted September 24, 2012 Would you pay a small, monthly fee to help cover the costs to restore your reputation, get your stolen identity back, and bury the most noxious content manufactured by trolls to torment you? For more, here’s the story.
Posted May 21, 2012 Hospitals, worried about lack of professionalism and inadvertent leaking of confidential data, are warning doctors not to set up relationships with patients on Facebook and Twitter. Read the full story.
Posted January 5, 2012 MyPermissions makes it simple to manage what applications and websites can access your online accounts. It well might be time to get into the habit of regularly checking what you’ve given permission to, and whether you still want to grant a third party app or site access to your account. For rumination […]
The settlement addresses charges that the company misled users about how it would use their personal information. Facebook would be required to obtain user consent before making “material retroactive changes” but wouldn’t have to change current policies. I really hope I get feedback on this one, because honestly, I don’t know if I’m reading the […]
Well of course we’re sharing too much on social media. The cat’s out of the bag, and it’s being served with a nice cat demi-glace. Herein, some suggestions from the infosec crowd on how to keep your and/or your organization’s little privacy kittens from being sadly easy to find and to use as phishing bait. Read the […]
- Ridiculously redacted interpretation of FISA snooping law released January 16, 2013
- Medical group fined $140K for tossing patients’ health records into public dump January 15, 2013
- Texas student appeals court order to wear “Mark of the Beast” RFID tracking badge January 15, 2013
- Crunch Your Own Damn Resumé January 10, 2013
- NASA suffers major data breach over stolen laptop that wasn’t encrypted December 29, 2012
- Eli: lol huh? This makes no sense. Judges don\'t unders...
- Wayne Andrew McArdle: Thank-you Lisa for your insight, please keep Repor...
- FREEDOM: Hello nice to see you posting about my finds if yo...
- Ben: Lisa I read a recent piece you submitted for Th...
- Interview James: Very inspiring job seeking information! Cover lett...
Follow @LisaVaas on Twitter