Don’t give up! Here’s how to tweak your resume and try again.
I interviewed HR managers to find out which resume mistakes they see over and over again and how to avoid them. Click on through for the checklist I came up with to make sure your resume isn’t one of the clunkers.
Understanding your cover letter’s electronic journey will give you an edge when matching wits with automated applicant tracking systems. This article gets into the ATS technology of how your cover letter gets parsed. To read the full article, click here, and for the accompanying article on TheLadders, which will keep you from making those lame [...]
The language you use to describe yourself on the top of your resume can define your job search. Choose your job title carefully.
In an era of consolidation, hiring software collates every applicant’s resume. Read this story, which I wrote for The Ladders, to make sure you stay at the top of the pile.
Competition in the job market is nasty nowadays. Don’t screw up by making easy-to-avoid formatting mistakes or other goofups that will get your resume yanked by a machine. Anybody fixing up their resume and applying online (the latter of which would be anybody, of course, who’s applying for jobs nowadays) should read the feature article [...]
- Ridiculously redacted interpretation of FISA snooping law released January 16, 2013
- Medical group fined $140K for tossing patients’ health records into public dump January 15, 2013
- Texas student appeals court order to wear “Mark of the Beast” RFID tracking badge January 15, 2013
- Crunch Your Own Damn Resumé January 10, 2013
- NASA suffers major data breach over stolen laptop that wasn’t encrypted December 29, 2012
- Lisa Vaas: Thanks! Welcome!...
- see- und lagercontainer: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblo...
- Eli: lol huh? This makes no sense. Judges don\'t unders...
- Wayne Andrew McArdle: Thank-you Lisa for your insight, please keep Repor...
- FREEDOM: Hello nice to see you posting about my finds if yo...
Follow @LisaVaas on Twitter